This is the time of year that I think most people just tolerate as they dream of spring and summer.
Especially parents who are cooped up inside with young children
because of the cold. But, I love this time of year! - even with mild effects of S.A.D. Here's a few reasons why, and I hope if anyone is feeling the onset of winter blues, this might help you feel better!
- purer sunlight due to less hazy skies and no tree leaves to block it out
- peace after the holiday craze, some days it seems like the whole world is hibernating
- new beginnings - a new year, new semester, the hope of Spring
- no humidity
- snow days (hopefully)
- getting the house back in order after the holidays
- Valentine's Day (okay, okay....but I've got so many people to love and an affection for red and pink!)
- cuddling under cozy blankets
- warm beveridges
- sparkling icicles
- being able to see the bluest skies through leafless tree tops
- no biting bugs